Anahata or Heart Chakra it's related with the universal love, relationships, the feelings, openness to life and compassion. Also it's related with the balance, self-confidence, forgiveness, healing and wellness.
Anahata is represented by the Thymus gland (the gland of happiness), which is located in the middle of the chest where people touch when they say "I". The thymus gland, despite containing glandular tissue and producing several hormones, is much more closely associated with the immune system than with the endocrine system. The thymus serves a vital role in the training and development of T-lymphocytes or T cells, an extremely important type of white blood cell. T cells defend the body from potentially deadly pathogens such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
But also it's a very sensible gland. It grows when we are happy and shrinks in half when we are stressed, sad or feeling scared.
That's why we get sick like flu or other diseases related to the immune system when we are stressed. So know you will guess the importance to keep this gland bigger to stay strong & healthy!
When we talked to activate our Heart Chakra, we are working to stimulate our Thymus gland.
So, let's work in our Thymus and make it bigger!
Steps to do it:
1. Music: As I mentioned before, this gland it's very sensitive, so music it's a great way to stimulate it. Listen Classical music, new age or my favorite... Upbeat music. You can find plenty of playlist on Youtube. (My favorite: Dancing with myself, Billy Idol)
2. Aromatherapy: Bergamot
3. Stone: Emerald or Jade
4. Yoga Asana: Camel Pose. It's a very powerful posture which allows us to open ourselves completely to the universe.
5. Color: Stimulate your sense of sight using pink and green.
6. Meditation: Close your eyes, and in easy pose thump in the middle of your chest with your fist (think in Tarzan) and chant the mantra "YAM". This is a direct call to our Thymus! (5 minutes every morning)
7. Practice forgiveness (let that shit go!) & gratitude (we have a lot to feel grateful for)